The Spectrum Advantage: LGBTQIA+ Workplace Inclusion Certificate
(participants must be present for the entire 5-hour certificate program delivered via Zoom)
September 13, 2023, 12:00 – 5:00 PM CDT
5-hour DEI Certificate Course
Fee: $595 / $495 Early Bird
The Spectrum Advantage is a comprehensive 5-hour certificate program that provides professionals with the essential knowledge, skills, and strategies needed to foster an inclusive and supportive workplace environment for LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer or Questioning, Intersex, Asexual and the plus, which allows expansion to include more identities)individuals. This program goes beyond basic awareness and aims to empower participants to become catalysts for change within their organizations. Through this interactive session, case studies and practical exercises, participants will gain practical knowledge and insights to create a workplace culture that creates belonging, promotes equity, and enhances employee well-being.
- Gain understanding of LGBTQIA+ identities, terminology, and experiences to foster respectful and inclusive language usage in the workplace.
- Recognize and address the unique challenges and barriers faced by LGBTQIA+ individuals in professional settings, including discrimination, bias, and microaggressions.
- Develop strategies to create LGBTQIA+ inclusive policies, procedures, and practices that promote a safe and welcoming environment for all employees.
- Equip participants to foster a culture of allyship, support, and belonging by increasing awareness and understanding of LGBTQIA+ issues among their staff.
- Acquire practical skills to effectively address and respond to LGBTQIA+ discrimination, harassment, and bias incidents in the workplace.
- Understand the intersectionality of LGBTQIA+ identities with other dimensions of diversity and develop inclusive practices that encompass various marginalized groups.
- Explore ways to become an advocate for LGBTQIA+ rights and equity within the organization and the broader community.
- Create an action plan to implement LGBTQIA+ workplace inclusion initiatives and measure their impact on employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
Live Online Sessions
All live content will be held via Zoom teleconferencing software.
- Early Bird Registration – $495 USD through August 31st
- Standard Registration – $595 USD begins September 1st
Your tuition includes:
- 5 hours of live virtual instruction
- The Spectrum Advantage: LGBTQIA+ Workplace Inclusion Certificate Course Materials
- The Spectrum Advantage: LGBTQIA+ Workplace Inclusion Certificate (after course completion)
- SHRM Credits Available