“Diversity is the current state of our workforce; Inclusion is what we strive to create; Equity is our goal”
For me, this phrasing best summarizes Debbie Biddle’s work with us at Access Community Health Centers. She has made this crucial topic understandable and embraceable for our leadership and employees.
She connected easily and seamlessly with our staff—registrars, medical and dental assistants, accountants, senior leaders, professional staff including doctors, dentists and psychologists—and her message was well received.
We contracted with Debbie to work with staff, leadership and our community board of directors. She continues to distinguish herself in several important ways:
- She can work with and gain the respect of anyone regardless of their race, ethnicity, education, personal experience, skepticism toward the topic; or expertise in the field.
- She has a soothing and calming presence and presentation style. She creates a safe and comfortable setting to discuss topics that are often charged and sometimes unaccepted. She does this naturally.
- She has a way of gently redirecting people and doesn’t back down from challenge or controversy.
- She assumes the best intent in others. She listens carefully to everyone and makes sure people remain engaged in discussion.
- She has a personal story and a career path that blends so well with her profession. She is a natural at what she does.
I am a better leader and we are a better organization because of our work with Debbie. I would engage her for this work again, and give her my strongest recommendation.
Ken Loving, MD
Chief Executive Officer
Access Community Health Centers