Table of Contents
Therefore, you agree to each term described in this document, which will be binding throughout the duration of the program, and in some cases, especially regarding matters of confidentiality and copyright, will remain effective after the completion of the program.
The parties mentioned in this document are as follows:
- The People CompanyLLC d/b/a The People Company Inclusion Institute, a limited liability company, is located at 6709 Raymond Road, Suite 117, Madison, Wisconsin. The words “we” or “our” in this document shall be deemed to refer to The People Company.
- Participant: any individual who applies for the IICDP credentials and their associated business, partners, or other third party.
- Designee: refers to individuals who have successfully completed the program.
- An “unauthorized user” is defined as anyone who has not formally applied for the IICDP™ credentials with The People Company LLC.
- Diversity Practitioners: Refers to individuals who achieved certification after completing the IICDP Program and are currently working in the diversity area through that certification.
This document is intended for the program participant(s), so the words “you” or “your” within this document will be understood to be addressed to the participant(s).
- The participant’s information gathered in the certification process may be used by The People Company Inclusion Institute for statistical purposes in the evaluation of the certification program or other research or study.
- The People Company Inclusion Institute reserves the right to verify any or all of the information associated with or required by the program, and that providing false or misleading information, omitting required information, or otherwise violating the rules of certification may result in the revocation of the certification.
- In considering applications, The People Company Inclusion Institute may make inquiries of such persons or entities, inspect such records, and make and retain copies of such materials as The People Company Inclusion Institute deems appropriate.
- The People Company Inclusion Institute is authorized to make inquiries regarding participant(s) fitness for certification. Any persons or entities contacted by The People Company Inclusion Institute are authorized to respond to such inquiries and provide copies of any relevant and non-confidential information to The People Company Inclusion Institute.
- The People Company Inclusion Institute can provide a copy of these terms to those entities contacted in connection with participants’ applications.
All participants have the responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of all information obtained during this program. Therefore:
- Participants are prohibited from disclosing information received during the program, beyond the exercise of tasks using the acquired skills.
- Participants may not use the information to conduct courses, programs, or any other teaching methods.
- Participants must respect the intellectual property rights of The People Company, content and information providers and other third parties in accordance with applicable law including the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Participants agree that all the materials or information are property of The People Company, including all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and any other intellectual property.
- Participants agree that the People Company owns all right, title, and interest in and to the property described above, and they will not use it for any unlawful or infringing purpose.
- Participants agree not to reproduce or distribute the property described above in any way, including electronically or via registration of any new trademarks, trade names, service marks or Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), without express written permission from The People Company.
- Participants understands that The People Company will use reasonable efforts to keep the information in its possession confidential.
- The People Company Inclusion Institute owns all rights, titles, and interest in and to all names, trademarks, logos, copyrights, applications, and other materials related to The People Company Inclusion Institute program. The participants shall only use such intellectual property in accordance with policies promulgated by The People Company Inclusion Institute. The participants must cease using such intellectual property upon the expiration, suspension, or termination of their certifications, or they are requested to cease for other reasons.
- Any final project of program participants submitted to The People Company Inclusion Institute must be the participants’ original work; they must be the sole owners of the work product; the program participants’ final project must not infringe any copyright, trademark, property or personal rights of any third party; the program participants’ final project must be factually accurate and must not contain defamatory, illegal or otherwise harmful information.
- Subject to these Terms and policies (such as those in the Participant Policies), The People Company LLC grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our services. The use of these services does not give you ownership of any intellectual property rights in our services or content you access.
- The information may be lawfully obtained from a free source that does not require enrollment in this program.
- The People Company expressly authorizes to disclose the information.
- The information to be disclosed is required by legal compulsion.
- In this case, the participant must alert the Company immediately, so to limit potential damage.
This section shall apply to third parties who may have access to confidential information or copyrighted material, therefore, the violation of these terms shall have the same consequences for the third party as they may have for the participant.
Furthermore, any disclosure of confidential information made by individuals related to the participant due to the action, error, or negligence of the participant will be attributed to the participant.
The program participants must agree to the following standard of practice and ethical guidance, which describes the behavior expected of diversity practitioners.
You must strive to:
- Discover your own biases and make intentional efforts to overcome them.
- Acknowledge your own cultural values and be open to learning about the values of others.
- Avoid stereotyping and excluding others based on race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, geography, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, physical appearance, class/income, social status or other unique characteristics.
- Treat people with dignity and respect and encourage others to do the same.
- Advocate for inclusion and equity for all groups.
- Encourage, advise and support your clients, senior management, colleagues, direct reports and community members in eliminating biases, stereotypes, and discrimination.
- Practice high quality diversity, equity and inclusion management.
- Comply with all equal employment opportunity laws and other regulations governing your position and industry.
- Maintain up-to-date diversity, equity and inclusion knowledgeable and competence.
- Exhibit integrity, confidentiality and skill as a diversity practitioner.
- Support DEI practitioners and encourage positive communities of DEI practice.
- Be ethical, professional, conscientious and principled.
- Be discerning, truthful and equitable in learning, presenting and interpreting information.
- Verify information accuracy from all sources and be careful to avoid errors and biased information.
- do not misrepresent diversity, equity and inclusion information, promotional materials, photographs, audio (including sound bites), videos, graphics, and quotations, including oversimplifying, or highlighting language/situations out of context.
- Communicate the message inclusion and belonging with intention to help think, do and be better.
- Accurately represent your IICDP credentials, qualifications, experience, and ability.
The exam is the property of The People Company Inclusion Institute and is protected by contract, trade secret, and federal copyright laws. It is a violation of those laws and rights to share any information whatsoever about any question or answer from the exam without written authorization.
Sharing information about an exam question or answer recalled from memory or asking someone who has taken the exam to share such information is unethical and will result in disqualification of the participant.
Aparticipant can be disqualified from taking or completing the examination, or from receiving examination scores if The People Company Inclusion Institute determines through either observation or statistical analysis that you have engaged in collaborative, disruptive, or other inappropriate behavior during administration of the test, or engaged in such behavior as aparticipant in the final project.
The People Company Inclusion Institute’s goal is to exceed expectations and serve you to the best of our ability. In accordance with our high caliber customer service policy, it is necessary to also enforce our refund policy. The refund policy, as well as other program fees, are described below.
|$500||Program participants who withdraw from the program within 14 days of their registration date may receive a refund, minus a $500 processing fee. No refunds will be provided after 15 days have expired. If a Promo Code is used, a refund will be provided for the actual amount paid. Should a participant transition from the online to the classroom program, CDP, the price difference will only be refunded, if the regular rate was paid. Participants may choose to reschedule or make a substitution within the year without being charged a fee. Study guides must be returned unused or the cost of the study guide will be deducted from the refund, along with the withdrawal fee. Refund processing may take up to 30 days.|
|Exam Change Fee
|$350||Exam fees are valid throughout the year in which the participant engaged The People Company LLC. All the participants must pay an exam change fee whenever a test is rescheduled from the previous year or for the next exam year. Rescheduling requests are subject to availability.|
|$599||If you do not pass the exam, there is no waiting period to retest. Nevertheless, there is a fee each time that you retake the knowledge-based exam after receiving a failing score. The fee is the same for members or non-members and applies to exams retaken after 90 days.|
|$350||Participants who cancel their knowledge-based exam during or up to the final day of the program will be charged a fee for the cancellation.
|Recertification||$50||Once every 3 years, designees must pay this fee and submit at least 60 continuing education credits to maintain valid credentials.|
|$50||An administrative fee will be charged for all returned checks.|
The People Company may impose the following sanctions after a disciplinary process in the event
of a serious violation by someone who has been certified by our program:
- Suspensions or revocation of certification: If revocation occurs, the diversity, equity, and inclusion practitioner involved will no longer have permission to use the IICDP credential.
- Misrepresentation by an IICDP program participant will result in total ineligibility for the IICDP credential.
If you feel that a violation has occurred and would like to file an official complaint against a certified diversity, equity and inclusion leader, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and complete a disciplinary complaint form.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY& INDEMNIFICATION
The People Company will not be liable due to any indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages, or any loss of profits or revenues, whether incurred directly or indirectly, or any loss of data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from:
- Your access and use of the program, as well as any potential inability to access it.
- Your conduct or content, including without limitation, any defamatory, offensive, or illegal conduct; or
- Unauthorized access, use, or alteration of your content or information.
The participants release, discharge, and hold harmless, individually and collectively, The People Company Inclusion Institute and their officers, directors, employees, volunteers, board members, members, subsidiaries, agents, successors, and assignees from any and all liability that may arise, either directly or indirectly, now or in the future, by reason of or in connection with any decision, action or omission relating to the application, the failure of The People Company Inclusion Institute to grant certification or recertification to any participant, the revocation of the certification, or any adjustments to The People Company Inclusion Institute’s standards. This release and waiver of liability shall be binding on participants’ heirs, executors, administrators, successors, and assignees.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless The People Company Inclusion Institute, The People Co. LLC, from any and all claims, liabilities, expenses, and damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party related to:
- Your violation of any law or rights of any third party; or,
- User content, including without limitation any claim of infringement or misappropriation of intellectual property or other proprietary rights.
The services and all included content are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, whether express or implied. The participants specifically disclaim any and all warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, and any warranties arising out of course of dealing or usage of trade. The participants further disclaim any and all liability related to the access or use of the services or any related content. The participants acknowledge and agree that any access to or use of the services or such content is at their own risk.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive and procedural laws of the State of Wisconsin regardless of the fact that any of the participants may be or may become a resident of a different country, state, or jurisdiction. Any suit or action arising out of this Agreement shall be filed in a court of competent jurisdiction within the County of Dane, State of Wisconsin. The participants consent to the personal jurisdiction of such courts within that County, and the participants waive any objections to venue in such courts within that County.
- Participants must immediately notify The People Company Inclusion Institute of any changed circumstances that may affect their involvement in the program and the information that has been provided, or that may affect your continuing certification eligibility.
- Participants are prohibited from listing their passing status on any professional stationary or business cards, as well as its use in any advertising until being notified in writing that he/she has passed both parts (the knowledge exam and the participant final project) of The People Company Inclusion Institute’s exam.
- Participants are not authorized to use the IICDP certification marks until granted the right to use the certification marks by The People Company Inclusion Institute following successful completion of the certification exam and project.
- The People Company Inclusion Institute is the sole and only judge of participant(s) qualification to receive and maintain certification.
- The People Company Inclusion Institute reserves the right to modify or alter at any time the certification standards, the requirements for certification and/or recertification, and any rules, policies, or procedures in connection therewith.
- The People Company Inclusion Institute can include participant(s) name and contact information in any publicly available lists or directories in which the names of certified diversity practitioners and executives are published. All participants waive any rights or objections to such listings in the event that an employer seeks to verify his/her credentials.
- Neither The People Company nor The People Company Inclusion Institute makes any claims, warranties, guarantees, or promises regarding the content or performance of the IICDP credentials, or pertaining to a designee’s ability to secure employment or clients as a result of possessing the credentials.
- Participants are prohibited from misrepresenting the certification status and its meaning.
- Participants attest to the accuracy and validity of and assume full responsibility for the content of their applications and all materials and information submitted to The People Company Inclusion Institute.
We reserve the right to revise the terms at our sole discretion at any time. Any revisions to the Terms will be effective immediately upon posting by us. For any material changes to the Terms, we will take reasonable steps to notify you of any such changes. In all cases, your continued use of the Services after publication of such changes, with or without notification, constitutes binding acceptance of the revised Terms.